Come on in!

I'm so glad you have come across my little nook in the cyber world. Here I strive to be real and inspire. I talk about my walk in faith as a Christian, motherhood, the loss of my child, and anything else that crosses my mind. Join me for a minute and relax?

Monday, June 2, 2014

Sibling Grief: Sunshine's View

A good bit of the time when loss hits a family unexpectedly there's a lot of people who are more than willing to help. They help Mom with dinner, cleaning, and constantly asks if she's okay. They bring her flowers, cards, and little gifts to remember her precious little baby who was taken too soon. 

All the while in the midst of this storm, there are two others who are often forgotten. Dad and the siblings. No one stops to consider how they are handling things or if they need someone to lean on. 

I know if it wasn't for my mother, my daughter wouldn't have had someone. I hate admitting it but when Dakota passed away, I couldn't be a mother. I feared every minute that our Sunshine was next. Therefore, our oldest daughter stayed with her grandmother for the most of three weeks while I pulled myself together. 

I've blogged a lot of this journey from my perspective. But one perspective you don't hear much about is from the angel's siblings. Well, today my oldest daughter is here to explain how the past year has been for her. **Keep in mind that she's seven years old. The loss of her sister happened only a month before her 7th birthday!**



My World without My Sister
**A small note from Sunshine**

Me on the left and Dakota in mommy's belly on the right.
I felt sad about my sister when I first found out that she became an angel. When I went to the hospital, my pappy had told me that Mommy was finally having the baby. I didn't expect to find out that Jesus had her in his arms. I was so mad because I wanted her to be here with me. I looked forward to playing with her, dressing her, feeding her, and helping my mommy with her. 

I see others with their sisters or brothers and it makes me sad. I wonder why I'm not able to have mine? I drew pictures for her and I've wrote about her in my journal. It helps sometimes but some times it doesn't. Nothing does. I wish I could have my sissy back. But I know she's with Jesus and we will see her again.

I am amazed to see my sister is in Heaven. I am soooooooo sad we had to make a comer for her and we cried about her. The pictures I see around the house help me to remember what she looks like. When we visit sissy's grave, I get mad and sad. I'm mad because I don't want her to be there. I'm sad because my sissy isn't with me. 

Mommy and Daddy try to make me feel better but it doesn't work sometimes. Nothing does. 

But now I am fine about her. I don't find myself crying as much because I know she's in a better place. I can't wait to be with my sissy again.

-This was Emma who wrote this part. I hope you enjoy it!


8 comments:

  1. Aww bless her little heart. Very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heartaches for her. However I know she is an amazing little girl with quirks about her that are so special. I cannot imagine how hard & confusing this all may be for her. She is one special Crazy-Baby! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has been a challenge for all concerned. But, OMGoodness, my Miss Emma. From the very day this child was born, it was clear that we were gonna be besties. My heart breaks for her. I continue to pray for her. I know Jesus will ease the pain. We just have to have patience. MeMaw loves you beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart goes out to her, you are a very strong person Emma and your sissy is with you in your heart, and I know one day you will be able to play with her just like you want to do now, but remember she is always with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is amazing bless her !!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lost my second child in February. This has been one of the hardest things for me. Sometimes I feel like I am neglecting my living child because I am grieving the loss of her brother. I try for things to be normal for her, but some days there is lots of watching tv for her while I write on my blog or read others.

    http://NathanielsLegacy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

The journey of an angel mother. Join in with her and her passionate posts for the things in life that matter; family!