Come on in!

I'm so glad you have come across my little nook in the cyber world. Here I strive to be real and inspire. I talk about my walk in faith as a Christian, motherhood, the loss of my child, and anything else that crosses my mind. Join me for a minute and relax?

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Blogging and Followers

As I was sitting in my living reading through blogs others have posted, something came to my mind. We have blog hops to get more followers and we even reach out to those on twitter too. We can even include facebook in on this as well.

My role as a follower..... I feel when I hit that follow button on someone elses blog... I am supposed to interact with it. Such as reading future posts and making more then my first "I'm your newest follower" post. I try to engage in all the blogs I follow one way or another.

But what do you do when you don't get the favor in return?

I even go to the limits to retweet about blog hops, giveaways, and much more.

Anyone else do this too and feel the same way at times??

2 comments:

  1. I definitely agree. I'm also wondering about following back. Like if I have 500 followers, and I don't, do I need to follow all 500 people? Honestly, I starting to weed out some of the people that I follow. For instance if I'm constantly finding that they don't really post relevant information. Does that make me a horrible person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking the same thing. I am not into blogging to get a million followers. I want followers that are genuinely going to interact with me. I write three blogs. And they are three very different blogs, so I expect I will likely have very different followers on each. But I don't want someone to follow me just because and i don't want to follow just because. I really want to interact with those I follow and I would like for them to do the same for me! :)

    ReplyDelete

The journey of an angel mother. Join in with her and her passionate posts for the things in life that matter; family!