Come on in!

I'm so glad you have come across my little nook in the cyber world. Here I strive to be real and inspire. I talk about my walk in faith as a Christian, motherhood, the loss of my child, and anything else that crosses my mind. Join me for a minute and relax?

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

23 Weeks Pregnant Update w/ ultrasound pictures

I had another doctor's appointment yesterday to check in on our rainbow baby. This appointment I was nervous due to the fact that I had an unexpected appointment. When I left the doctors office last month, my appointment card showed my next visit would be on May 19th at 2:15 in the afternoon. I was content with this. 

Now, I remember praying for another ultrasound because it seems as if the insurance companies and doctors are rather greedy with those. I go crazy not knowing the next time I'll see baby boy. I NEED the reassurance of an ultrasound so I can see him wiggle. At this time, I'm not feeling his every movement so I tend to freak out a bit when I haven't felt him move. Yesterday started out as one of those days. 

On Friday, May 16th, my doctor's office called me to remind me of my two upcoming appointments on the following Monday. This surprised me because I was only aware of one. Immediately, I picked up the phone and called. I had to find out what this other appointment was for. Surprisingly the lines were busy at the high risk number I have. So, I called the front desk of the office. This is when I was informed the first appointment was for an ultrasound and the second was to meet with my doctor. 

I was thrilled. The entire weekend I prayed they hadn't made a mistake with the ultrasound but I was worried about why I was having another one. It hadn't been mentioned. So, I freaked out over the weekend thinking maybe something was seen on the last ultrasound that made them need a follow up. 

Well, Monday came. I got our oldest daughter off to school and once we were ready, hubby and I headed in. It was confirmed that I did in fact have an ultrasound and it was to follow up with some measurements they weren't able to get in April. So, that was a relief. 

Baby boy is weighing in a 1lbs 4oz and was very photogenic. He was wiggling, smiling, and waving hello to us. The best part looked as if he was giving us kisses. Here are some ultrasound pictures for your viewing pleasures. 









The ultrasound technician also surprised us with a few 4D pictures too....





I left the ultrasound room with a huge smile on my face. I loved seeing our son wiggle around and hear his heartbeat. I can say I am very blessed to have made it 23 weeks into this pregnancy and I am praying everyday that I can make it as close to 40 weeks as possible.

My second appointment felt as if it took forever for the doctor to come into the room. I wanted the results from the ultrasound and I wanted to know what he thought about our baby. Once he finally came in, he assured me that all is on track. Baby boy is within the 50th percentile for growth and weight. He's very active and his heart rate was 154. At this point, the doctor asked me to lay back so he could check on baby's position and get an idea of how my uterus was. 

This always got me. I always wondered how the doctors knew what they were feeling. So... I asked. The doctor decided to show me. First he used my hand to point out the differences and then he got out a pen. That's when he drew on me and showed me where it was. I couldn't help but laugh. The doctor I'm seeing knows how to lighten the air with laughter at the right times. 

Once I was done and heading out, he scheduled my next appointment for June 16th. I'll be getting another ultrasound done too. I'm super excited about that too. So there you have it... the update for the month. 


1 comment:

  1. Aww! I am so glad you got to see baby boy again!!! He is just darling.

    ReplyDelete

The journey of an angel mother. Join in with her and her passionate posts for the things in life that matter; family!