Come on in!

I'm so glad you have come across my little nook in the cyber world. Here I strive to be real and inspire. I talk about my walk in faith as a Christian, motherhood, the loss of my child, and anything else that crosses my mind. Join me for a minute and relax?

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Happy 1st Birthday in Heaven

Today is my daughter's first birthday in Heaven. The emotions that have been going through me are explainable. I feel like I'm suffocating at times but I am thankful that my Mom and sister have come to spend the day with me. 

I woke this morning around 5 AM (eastern time) not being able to sleep. To my surprise, I walked into the kitchen and my oldest daughter was sitting at the table. She was having a hard time sleeping too. I gave her a snack and something to drink. Then she headed back to bed.

As 5:45 AM rolled around, the tears were rolling. This was the time when I was preparing to deliver my daughter. 

Small images flashed through my mind of this horrible day. I couldn't help but picture what had happened in that moment. The emotions became too overwhelming and I had to wake up my husband. He and I sat on our porch while the sun came up and the stars disappeared. We hugged each other while the pain coursed through us. 

This past Saturday, May 24th my family and I surrounded her grave with love and celebrated. Here are some of the pictures. 














 The day couldn't have turned out any more perfect. The weather was warm but not too hot. No rain and we even got to enjoy a Memorial Day Parade in our town. 






In closing I wanted to do a HUGE shout out to my angel and wish her a 
Happy Birthday in Heaven!!!


1 comment:

  1. so sorry for your loss.....I too celebrate my oldest son's birthday in Heaven. Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete

The journey of an angel mother. Join in with her and her passionate posts for the things in life that matter; family!