Come on in!

I'm so glad you have come across my little nook in the cyber world. Here I strive to be real and inspire. I talk about my walk in faith as a Christian, motherhood, the loss of my child, and anything else that crosses my mind. Join me for a minute and relax?

Saturday, March 14, 2015

Day Fourteen: Siblings

I have three sisters. That's how I introduce myself when asked about my family. Their aren't any "step" family members. Yes, I have two sets of parents. My mother remarried and so did my dad. For as far as I could remember, this is how my life has been. I've never known what it was like to only have one set of parents and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Growing up was fun. We had two of everything. Two Easter celebrations. Two Thanksgivings. Two Christmas celebrations. Hey... even at times we got to celebrate our birthday's TWICE! What's not to love about that?

My siblings and I had the typical relationships between each other. I am the middle child, so I didn't quite fit in ANYWHERE within the family. My two older sisters were a bit too old for me to hang out with because they didn't want their "baby" sister hanging around. My youngest sister was the actual baby and I didn't want to be with the baby ALL the time. (Sorry Audra.)

Even though we typically didn't get along growing up, which is the story of all siblings, we are best of friends today. Our children are close as well. I LOVE it. I love how we all chose to be friends and the sister aspect just make it even more fun. It was like we crossed this imaginary line at the age of eighteen where we made the choice to be friends. I know many people who haven't had this luxury. (I pray for them daily.)

Growing up I do have more amazing memories with my baby sister and today we laugh at our silliness. (Trackers are junk!) There are so many inside stories that we share when we get together about when we were younger. I am truly blessed to have not only my sisters but my best friends.

Today I challenge you, start a group text message with your siblings. Remember to use emojis to add in on the fun. Create another great memory to share later down the road. You can walk down memory lane, catch up, rekindle your relationship, or just act goofy by sending only emojis. Have fun. 

In the comments section below, tell me about your siblings or a memory of them that has stuck with you throughout your life. I'd love to hear about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The journey of an angel mother. Join in with her and her passionate posts for the things in life that matter; family!