Come on in!

I'm so glad you have come across my little nook in the cyber world. Here I strive to be real and inspire. I talk about my walk in faith as a Christian, motherhood, the loss of my child, and anything else that crosses my mind. Join me for a minute and relax?

Monday, March 9, 2015

Day Nine ~ Prayer

You walk into Sunday morning service, sit in your normal pew, and service starts. The Pastor asks for everyone to pray with him as he opens the morning service. 

What is prayer? How does it work? Does it really work?

I'm here to tell you the answers to these questions. Let's start with prayer....

I can tell you that it is NOT a mysterious practice that only those who have walked the path of Faith can use. Simply put, prayer is communicating with God. It's one way to build a personal relationship with the Lord. Those who believe can pray by using their own words, from their heart, freely, and as often as they would like. There's no certain way that prayer has to be done. You can pray from wherever you're comfortable and there's no special words you have to say. You don't have to use any fancy language. God's always up to hear from you, regardless of the words you use. 

Prayers don't need to be impressive or wordy. A one-line sentence said in prayer can be enough. We have been instructed by the Lord to pray. The Holy Spirit is there to listen and can hear what you can't put into words. The Lord will answer your prayers in His timing. 

I most certainly can say that prayer does work. One thing I'll say is that if your prayer isn't answered right away, keep praying. God will answer it in his time, as I have said before.

****

For today's challenge, I would like you to watch this video and then post your thoughts on it below. Once you do this, share this post with those you think could use this message on prayer. 




Today's Scripture:
Phil 4:13: I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The journey of an angel mother. Join in with her and her passionate posts for the things in life that matter; family!